Miguel Pro Mission
At a Glance
The Miguel Pro Mission was established to bring hope to the poor in the city of Juarez, Mexico. Juarez is a city that was under siege by an intense drug war. It is often ranked as one of the most dangerous cities in the world. The people of the poorest barrios can lose hope in the future and their children’s future where wages are low and drug wars rage. The Miguel Pro Mission’s goal is to help bring about social justice and peace for the people of Juarez, one child, one student, one parent, one family at a time.
Miguel Pro Mission believes that social justice can be achieved, there can be peace, that hope is not lost. We can make a difference in the lives of each child, student, parent and family we touch. We will not change the whole world but we will change the world of those we touch.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Working Towards a Better Tomorrow
To reduce poverty and inspire hope for families in Juarez, Mexico by:
1) Providing community support
2) Assisting with education of children
3) Improving the living conditions via
home building and repairs
To Pray, Plan, and Give Service
The Miguel Pro Mission’s Board of Directors prays together at meetings and works with committees to plan and serve:
1) The fundraising committee plans and works at fundraising events, determines the timing and content for mass mailings, and suggests updates to the website.
2) The financial oversight committee plans the budget, monitors spending on the existing programs and suggests new projects to support
3) The executive committee monitors the progress of supported programs and projects and proposes changes to ensure that the greatest needs are met.